Sunday, March 1, 2009

The rest of the story

So, as all of you now know the awesome news and I am some what more calm today I wanted to share how we heard about the news yesterday.

I had prepared myself for having to wait until Monday for any kind of news on my blood work tests. I was on my way to the post office when my phone rang and it came up as PRIVATE on my caller ID. I never answer those so I let it go. Then about a minute later it rang again saying the same thing. Figured whoever it is really wants to talk to me so I answered the phone. The voice on the other end was our nurse at the doctor's office. She is so sweet and so understands where we are coming from right now as she herself went through the IVF process years ago. She's been awesome with us and we really like her. We like the whole staff over there and that has made such a huge difference for us in this journey. She wanted to know how I was doing and how I was feeling. I had emailed her to inquire on the blood work from Friday but she was out of the office :( Anyway, she said she recvd my email and called in for the results yesterday morning. She is NOT suppose to call me with these results and made me promise promise promise not to say a word to any other staff members that she called and told me. She is too cute. Of course I promised and then she said, well okay then........Congratulations, your pregnant. I think I went into an instant state of shock and asked her to please repeat what she just said. When she did I started crying and she asked if I was okay. I said yes but I think I need to pull over :) It was just the most awesome feeling that came over me. Those words I have soooo longed to hear and gave up thinking I ever would until this chance came around our way. It was just amazing. I couldn't wait to get back home and share the news with Jim. I so made sure I didn't pick up the phone and tell him that way.

I made it all the way home and ran downstairs with my hair all upside my head and tears in my eyes. I stood at the computer room doorway and said, "How do you really feel about being a Daddy?" It took him a moment and then he was all smiles. It was perfect. Glad he was here for that because to have waited all day until he got home on Monday would have drove me crazy. lol

Now, you remember that I have those wonderful at home tests still. The ones I said I am not going to ever do again...yeppers. Well, Jim says, go take a test. I said I didn't want to because they never tell me yes. He said but they will now :) I waited until he was in the shower and took that little test praying it would confirm what our nurse had just told us :) Well, sure enough there it was in all it's two little pink lines glory. I cried again and just stared at it to make sure I wasn't just seeing what I wanted to but that there were in fact 2 pink lines. There were. I was standing outside the shower holding the test in hand so he could see it and I said "It's the cutest pee strip I have ever seen :) ".

Jim took pictures of the test while I was in the shower and when I checked my email he already had it up in Flickr and sent me the link that I added to the blog yesterday. How cute is he :)

We could not be more excited and feel so blessed to have this chance. Our miracle is here and I am going to do all I can to keep this little one safe and sound the best I can. Now it's one day at a time and pray that the next 2 1/2 months goes by without issue so we can breathe a sigh of relief. We ask that you still keep up in your thoughts and prayers and will continue to follow our amazing journey. We hope all continues to go well and our miracle will be here around November 16, 2009. AMAZING!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I am so thrilled for you!!!!you guys are going to be such GREAT parents. Here is to a great 9 months!!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, Thanks. That was so sweet. We are still in aww and just going to enjoy every moment of this journey. One day at a time, but it's a start. YAAAAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so thrilled to hear the news - and honored to be included in your journey. Of course we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for the next 9 months - but I'll tell you, that is only the beginning!! lol Jim and Shawna

    ReplyDelete