Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lots of changes ahead

Well, let it be said that the Soko family never does things a little at a time :) lol Does anyone know what the top 3 most stressful things in a persons life are? Think about that one for a minute.......Here they are:

Having a baby
Starting a new job
Moving

Yeppers, there it is...This is now our life as we know it today! Not sure how this is all going to work out but thinking positive and I know in the end it will all be great :)

Jim lost his job back in early Jan and has been working really hard to find a job that will be best for him and fair for our family. Though he really tried to find something in MO there just wasn't anything here. He accepted a position in IN and starts his new job on March 31. It's a great opportunity for him and I think he will be very happy with this company. They offered him a great package all the way around that made both of us smile and breath a sigh of relief. Everything happens for a reason right :) I will miss him during the week and it will be an adjustment for sure, but one day at a time and we'll make it through in the end.

So now he will be doing the traveling back and fourth until we get this house on the lousy market and it sells. So I will be working to get the house ready and trying to remain unstressed for our little one and myself. I can do it I can do it I can do it! I hate the thought of leaving our beautiful home we just had built not even 2 years ago and our lot is just something I will have a hard time parting with for sure. But we have to go where the job takes us and hopefully when we get to IN we can settle in for the long stay somewhere. Just going to be the process of getting there. Lord help us along this journey as we will so need all we can get :)

Jim will be going to IN here in a few days to look for his temporary living place and he mentioned he may not be here for our next U/S on Wed. I am hoping that is not the case as this one I am hoping we get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I would hate for him to miss out on that one especially. We'll see what happens.

Lots to do and hoping for the best all the way around. We'll get through it and when life calms down it will all be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck - we sold our house in this market and actually had a bidding war between two buyers. It was on the market for about 6 mos, then off for six mos, then back on for six mos - we took our time and did not need to sell. It was a really unique contemporary so I was told it would take at least 9-12 mos to sell.

    Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete