Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We got the news :)

We just recvd the phone call from our doctor's office on how our little one's did last night. lol here is the run down:

They retrieved 7 eggs. Of those 7 only 6 were mature. Of those 6.... 3 fertilized and are growing well at this point in time. So we have a chance of 3 making it to transfer day which will hopefully be Thursday.

This is awesome news and we are soooo excited. Hard to imagine all of this is actually happening but it's fun to think about and just imagine all the "What If" fun things.
Jim had to give me my first Progesterone shot in my muscle last night and it was a little intimidating for us both. It took me some time to get use to giving myself shots and since Jim had never had to give anyone a shot before we were both a little nervous. But, he did an awesome job and I barely felt the BIG needle itself. I am a little sore in that area today but it is bearable. Luckily I only have to have those every 3 days :) so I am shot free until Thursday night. Yahooooooo. I'm liking that.

We are relieved to hear this great news today and now it's in God's hands to care for them while they grow and wait for transfer. Not sure yet at this time how many we will transfer as it also depends on how they grow, which ones are healthy and how many make it to transfer day. If all 3 make it Jim would like to have all 3 transfer ed but I'm not really sure on that many just yet. Guess we will see as the day approaches and what our doctor recommends. We trust him completely so following his advice will not be too hard to do :) lol

We are saying our prayers and hoping for the best in the next few days. We'll keep you all posted and hopefully soon we will have some really great news to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment