Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Still on cloud 9 today

I have to say that yesterday was the most amazing part of our miracle journey.

I started out nervous in the morning but also excited. Nervous about the test and what it would tell us but excited to know I would be seeing our little one for the first time in human form :0) lol

I met up with my girlfriend Carrie and her youngest son Conner who is 5. We had a nice breakfast at Panera Bread and headed to the appointment. As they called my name and we all walked to the door I asked the nurse if I could use the washroom or if she needed me to have a full bladder? She said lets get a few pictures and then you can use the washroom and we will continue from there. Okay :) She put the hot goo on my belly and then it all started. I laid there in complete amazement at what I was seeing and a smile so big I don't think it ever left my face for the rest of the day. Carrie and Conner were sitting to my left as the technician started doing her thing.

First she measured our little one to see if it was within the range it should be for 12 weeks along. All looked good there so we continued. She started at the top of our little one's head and you could see the brain itself and how it splits down the middle to right and left sides. Very cool. I wish they had given me that picture. Think I will ask for a copy when I go back. lol Then she showed the who body and started looking for the arms and legs. The little one really liked the position it was in because really didn't want to move from that spot. It was so funny. She had me roll over onto my right side and the little one started moving all over the place. It was just incredible. I laughed and Conner just thought what he was seeing was the coolest thing ever. She found all 4 limbs and I was glad to see the little arms, hands, legs and feet. So far all was looking awesome. I had forgotten that this was also a test to check for any abnormalities there might be since I am going on 39 years old. sigh :( Conner asked at one point if it was a boy or a girl and we said we did not know yet but will soon. He says, "If it's a girl she will come out with a bow in her hair" we all laughed and just thought that was too cute. Kids, just gotta love em :)

Towards the end of this fun journey she did manage to get a photo with the little one sucking it's thumb. That one just finally put me over the edge and the tears came. Happy tears of course but they still came. Then that part was over and it was time to give blood. The worst thing in the world for me and it had to be from the tip of the finger to boot. Yikes. I went into instant panic mode it was horrible. You would think I would be so use to that by this point in time but guess I will always and forever be a baby when it comes to that stuff. I survived and my finger tip is black and blue but it's all good. So know we wait for about 10 days to get the results and go from there. Hoping it all comes back okay because if they see an thing remotely off they want an amnio at 21 weeks. That just doesn't sit well with me and not sure the risk of a miscarriage is worth it to me. So, keeping our fingers crossed and praying all will be wonderful. I know it will be and I just know this little one is strong and a fighter :)

I have attached 3 photos from the viewing yesterday. Enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sokofamily/3486165784/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sokofamily/3486165928/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sokofamily/3486166080/

1 comment:

  1. What incredible news! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete