Thursday, April 23, 2009

Scared me to death

Yesterday I went in for my regular OB appointment that I do every month. My regular doctor is on maternity leave and not due back until early part of June :( UGH So I had the doctor that is filling in for her.

I have never seen this doctor before and honestly, not sure I want to again. It was horrible. I was in a great mood feeling good and enjoying the sun being out for a change. Then, he walked into the room. He introduced himself and then started in right away with things like this:

Has your doctor gone over the many risks a woman your age could face during pregnancy?
Did she talk to you about these tests you should really have done to make sure the baby is okay?
And it just went on and on. It was horrible. I was scared to death and almost in tears. Then he proceeds to tell me that I really should have an amnio at like 22 weeks for even further testing just in case it shows something bad I still have time to terminate. I think my jaw just hit the floor and I wanted to bolt right out of there as fast as I could and never go back. My brain was going crazy and I was just a wreck.

Then he did the tummy check for the heart beat and when he found it he looks at me and says, "This little one has a really strong healthy sounding heartbeat for only being at 11 1/2 weeks." I wanted so much to say that this little one is giving you the big middle finger for scaring it's mother like you just did and that this little one is very healthy and will show you!"

I was smiling after that and knew the appointment was over. I walked out the door and had to stop at the appointment desk as I have my first genetic testing done next Tuesday and I'm very nervous. Thinking positive but it's still scary. Wish Jim was here to go with me but my good friend Carrie is kind enough to take some time in the morning to go with me so I won't be all alone. Bless her heart and I am so glad she will be there with me.

My belly is big enough to where I can no longer try to button my jeans so I mostly wear sweats right now. I love looking at my belly though and rub it all the time. I think it looks awesome and just perfect in every way :) lol

Keep everyone posted after Tuesdays appointment. Keep us in your prayers and fingers crossed :) We appreciate it. Thanks

2 comments:

  1. God, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Sounds awful. But I love, love, LOVE that your little bubba told him to shove it.

    That's awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a rough appointment. I wish you luck on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete