Thursday, October 22, 2009

Introducing: Annika Yvonne


Our little miracle has arrived and is tiny and healthy all the way around :) YAAAAAA I was to be induced on Tuesday Oct 20 but thank goodness our little one loves her Mommy so much she gave me much need relief on Sunday October 18, 2009. She was born at11:33 AM weighing in at a whopping....6 lbs 1 oz :) lol and 19 inches long.

Believe it or not, the labor and delivery was the scariest part for me and going in to start out with being so exhausted I was a wreck. Thank you epidural :)))))))) I felt no pain of any kind. kee kee kee I started strong contractions Sunday morning about 1 AM. I tried my best to time and count them as they came. Finally at about 4:30Jim heard me in the other room and checked on me. I was having them very close and fast. The contractions on top of the other issues I had been having for the past 5 weeks almost made me pass out. We finally made it to the hospital about 6:30 AM and I was at 2 cm only. I prayed they would not send me home. They stripped my membrane and said they were going to keep me and I was relieved. Got into my delivery room and by 8 AM was at 4 cm. Then 9 AM only at 5 cm. I had a catheter put in for my bladder kidney issues, then the IV yuck, then came the epidural. It hurt going in but let me tell ya, what a miracle thing that little guy was for me. I felt no pain of any kind and it was the relief I needed to recoup for pushing. Around 10 AM or so my nurse checked in on me and I was not dilating fast enough for her she said. She was awesome. Gave me Potassium and off I went. By 11 fully dilated and ready to do my thing. We did a few trial pushes and it was weird cause I could not feel myself pushing. The nurse and Jim said I was doing great and she was coming fast. Called the doctor and after like 15 minutes of pushing Annika was screaming and letting us know she was finally here and not to worry. Feel better Mommy :) lol

It was one of the most amazing things to ever go through in my life and glad Jim was right there by my side the whole time. We have set up a webpage for everyone to view pictures and read journal entries as Annika grows up and becomes her own little person. If, you would like to view it here is the link:

http://babyannikasoko.shutterfly.com/

Time to check on the munchkin and it's feeding time almost :) kee kee kee Loving the life changes!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Baby Annika is absolutely precious! I'm glad that your labor went fairly smoothly and quickly. Enjoy your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post??!?!??

    Wow! Annika is absolutley gorgeous. I'm so excited for you, honey. Congratulations!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She's beautiful.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete