Monday, August 31, 2009

The thoughts that run through my mind

It is early here in MO this morning and I have been awake for a little while. Sometimes my mind just starts wondering and doesn't stop....go figure :)

I am just so excited for Christmas this year that it has been on my mind since yesterday. Last year we really had no Christmas at all with the failed adoption early December, no decorations up at all and no family and friends to share it with. It was the saddest Christmas I had ever encountered.

BUT, this year, I am going to decorate like there is no tomorrow :0) Yeppers, the tree will be up, all my snowmen will be all over the house, the banisters will be decorated and lit up and I have decided our theme this year will be candy canes and snowmen. How fun will that be. Need to go do a little shopping for some things but that is the fun part so I am going to start that today. Hobby Lobby here I come :)

This will be Annika's first Christmas and it will be all about her. Yesterday I went to the Hallmark shop and bought her first ornament for the tree. I feel in love with the Baby's First Christmas Booties ornament they have out. I saw it online and knew I just had to have them. They are so precious and just too adorable to pass up. So I now have them and they will be perfect hanging from the top front of the tree for all to see. I even found the one that will go in her stocking but it does not come out until October. It is little Pebbles and it says: to Daddy's little Girl :) That will just be so appropriate to give her from her Daddy. Just can't wait. I am hoping to have both sets of Grandparents and one of my nieces here with us to share in her first Christmas but we will have to see how that all goes. I just know I am excited and happy and just can't wait. What a day it is going to be :)

1 comment:

  1. I work at Hallmark, and I am so glad you liked and bought the booties ornamament! It is beautiful. I bought it, too for my new granddaughter. I don't know where I found your blog, but it is fun to follow the joys in your life!

    ReplyDelete