Thursday, August 13, 2009

The wonder of it all

We are now about 10 1/2 weeks before the big day is to arrive and we will meet our little Annika for the very first time. Hard to believe how fast time has gone by already and now the excitement is really starting to hit us both I think.

Jim is having dreams about holding her and her talking and just fun things like that. Me, I wonder will she have brown or blond hair, brown or green eyes, his nose or mine and most of all, I want her to just be healthy and happy :) Our little miracle has been long in the making and to realize it will be here before we know is just an amazing feeling like no other.

I was talking to Jim last night and told him how much longer we have and he said, "Yep, then our lives will truly be changed forever". It hit me right then and there just how true that statement really was. We will be forever parents so and nothing will ever change that. We will be 100% responsible for another life and all the joys and journeys that will come along with Annika. How amazing is that all going to be? Still hard to wrap my head around but I just know we are READY! Ready for the changes, ready for the laughs, the love and just ready to enjoy our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment